Because I am too incoherent to make a full post, bullet points:
- Next weekend I am flying out to Atlanta to go wedding dress shopping with my mom, my sister and my aunts. While I am excited about going dress shopping with family, I am exhausted. You all probably have a vague I idea of how much I’ve been traveling recently. Pretty much flying somewhere (on the east coast) once a month. And I love that I am able to do all this traveling, I really am. But I’m tired. But yes, dress shopping. Very good.
- Tomorrow is our big fundraiser for Mary’s Place. Our 5th Annual Hats and Tea Fashion Show and Silent Auction. It is going to be a great event, and I am really excited. But again, tired. Down to my bones exhausted. We spent all day setting up, coordinating table clothes, setting tables – you know, all the fun stuff. I am ready for tomorrow. It will be a lot of fun, I’m sure, but it will also be nice to be on the back end of this one.
- I drank a coke today. It was a moment of desperation. I had not had coffee all day, and there was no prospect of coffee in the near future. I needed caffeine, otherwise I would be crashing hard with a blinding headache soon. So I had a coke. And it tasted like being 12 at my grandmother’s house; drinking coke-a-cola out of a real glass with ice. Ahhhh. Until tonight. When my kidneys starting hurting. Seriously. This is why I gave up sodas 6 years ago. No good.
- Speaking of coffee. I had a major coffee catastrophe yesterday. I have dubbed it the Great Coffee Mishap of 2009. I was making coffee in the office, not an unusual occurrence, when I noticed that the coffee was not going into the pot, but rather, alllll over the shelf and the floor. So, I turned the maker off and went to empty the filter. (you should also know that I just wrote “folder” instead of “filter” – like I said, incoherant.) At that point, the coffee/filter exploded. All over the wall. All over the fridge. Even more all over the floor. It took me 20 minutes to clean up. As I started to make a new pot, I stopped myself. “What the hell am I doing? I live in Seattle!!” So I went around the corner and got a lovely cup of coffee. One of the perks of living in the land o’coffee.
- Have you seen the commercial for the classic, “It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown”? They have Charlie Brown rapping. This leaves me slightly confused and sad. Charlie Brown should not rap.
That’s all for tonight folks. Goodnight.