1. I am going to see RENT on June 16th. I’m in the nosebleed section, because that is all that I can afford, but I am so incredibly pumped. Seeing RENT will be a check off my list of things to do in life. Yay!
2. I am going to see sweet baby Silas and Co. Father’s Day weekend!! Last time I saw the Co., Silas was almost-but-not-quite crawling. Apparently, he has grown from a baby to an engaging little boy, and I can’t wait to see him!! Not to mention getting to see his incredibly awesome momma!!
3. While I’m in Alabama, I might also have the chance to see a friend of mine from high school. We haven’t seen each other since the summer I left for Hong Kong. She is living in New York City now, working as an actress. She and her boyfriend are going to be in PC for our 10 year high school reunion (to which I am not attending, thankyouverymuch), and we are planning to meet hopefully in Dothan for lunch one day!! I can’t wait to see her.
4. Seattle Seafair starts June 27th. What is Seattle Seafair?, you ask? Well, apparently it is THE summer festival, lasting a whole month, and including such fun activities as: a marathon, a derby, Blue Angels demos, sea plane demos, parades and more! One of my co-workers invited a few of us to her incredibly awesome deck overlooking Lake Washington, to view the planes on whatever day is all about the planes. 🙂
5. The weather. It is starting to balance out nicely. We went from 40* to 90*, and seemed to have settled at a lovely 70*. They say this is what most of summer is like, cool/warm, some sunny days, and lots of outdoor activities. Yay! recently added: Seattle is now on day 21 of no rain. I don’t know if this is a record or not, but people here sure are acting like it!
That’s all in the life of Liz (at least for the month of June).