Sorry for the depressive mood of last week’s post. But here is something to cheer you up! Well, it cheers me up at least! 🙂 7 signs that show I am actually settling in well:
7. I have started recieving junk mail in Cantonese. I like to make up what it says, and that always makes for a good time…
6. Life doesn’t halt when it rains – I still have to go to work, to the grocery store, and walk home from a friend’s house after a movie…
5. I recieved my first bill yesterday – water bill – $3.10…gotta love it!
4. The baker around the corner from me not only knows what baked good I need to start my morning off (pineapple bun!), but has started saving extra tidbits for me at the end of the day to pass along (garlic bread, tuna sandwiches…)
3. The insane amount of crowds still annoy me, but not as much….
2. My doorman and I have lovely exchanges every evening – even though neither of speak a bit of the other’s language. Last night, he had pictures of him when he was in the Navy to show me!
1. Today, I laughed. I mean, really laughed. Laughed till my sides hurt and there were tears in my eyes. It felt good. It was the first time I have really just let go since I’ve been here. It helps.