Wow – so ONE WEEK from today (Thursday) I ship out for Hong Kong! So each day till the end, I am doing a twist on the countdown – each day I will have a numbered list with various things having to do with leaving, arriving or traveling. So today, or what is left of it at least, will have 7 quotes about traveling. Enjoy!
7. “If you love the life you live, you will live a life of love.” ~Unknown
6. “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” ~Confucius
5. “The important thing isn’t the house. Its the ability to make it. You carry that in your brains and in your hands, wherever you go…Its one thing to carry your life wherever you go. Another thing to always go looking for it somewhere else.” ~ Barbara Kingsolver Animal Dreams
4. “A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.” ~Lao Tzu
3. “Most travel is best of all in the anticipation or the remembering; the reality has more to do with losing your luggage.” ~Regina Nadelson
2. “If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay home.” ~James Michener
1. “I am the unmissionary, as Adah would say, beginning every day on my knees asking to be converted.” ~Barbara Kingsolver The Poisonwood Bible